We are a small local family business with over 20 years’ experience in the furnishing industry. Owned and managed by David Johnson, we design and manufacture furniture and bespoke items such as headboards, pelmets, ottoman chests, stools, bench seating etc. David is a design consultant engineer whose knowledge is second to none and he can advise and find practical solutions to any design challenge. From exclusive high-end to practical and functional pieces, each item of furniture is custom made to the size and design you wish, using fabric either from our range or supplied by you (subject to its suitability). We pride ourselves on providing a personal service and finishing our work to a very high standard. Our growing number of satisfied returning customers and referrals is testament to this.
Located in Croxley Green, near Rickmansworth in Hertfordshire, we make and upholster everything on site in our workshop. We also have a sewing room for curtains, blinds, cushions, bed throws and a small showroom area with an ever-changing selection of fabrics in traditional and contemporary prints.
Our work has featured in Real Homes magazine and on ITV’s 60 Minute Makeover
Here is a very small selection of the lovely written feedback we receive from customers:
- Thank you for the fabulous headboard – we are delighted with the quality of your work, DB 2015
- Thank you so much for the wedding kneelers. They have been used and received great admiration, TJ 25/3/15
- I would like to say a big thank you for recovering my 2 seater settee, it looks fab, Mrs H 2015
- The re-upholstered dining chairs look lovely, as good as new, and we are very pleased with them GM 2016
- I am really delighted with the window seat and table stool – they have been made expertly and fit beautifully in my bedroom, CH 2016
- Thanks so much for fitting the beautiful pelmets, curtains and voile. I am so pleased with all the work NM 2016
- The roman blinds look stunning. What an excellent service you provide, SM 2017
- Love it! (bay pelmet) BG 2018
- It looks perfect in the bay and we made great use of it over
the New Year! In fact it was admired so much that our neighbours are
thinking of doing the same thing(window seat unit)VM 2018
- We absolutely love our "new" sofa, it is the star of our new house and I will be back for some blinds when we have saved up again CA 2018
- Just received our furniture. Looks lovely GW 2019
- The headboard you made is so beautiful EE 2019
- Please thank David
very much for his repair. We are glad to be sitting comfortably once more AJ 2019
We pride ourselves on giving excellent customer satisfaction and these are a selection of the comments we have received.
In the unlikely event of a complaint, please see our policy below (a full copy of our complaints procedure is available on request)
Wherever possible, a complaint is best resolved by the person responsible for the issue of complaint. All complaints will be acknowledged by the person handling the complaint and the complainant will be kept informed as to the status of their complaint and when they can expect to receive a reply.On receipt of a complaint, a full record will be kept of any telephone conversations or written communications.Ideally, we aim to resolve complaints within a timescale of seven working days. If this is not possible because a full investigation has not yet been completed, a progress report will be sent to the complainant.If we, Madejust4u, are unable to resolve a complaint that you make within eight weeks you can take your complaint to The Retail Ombudsman.This is an independent organisation specialising in providing an alternative dispute resolution service for consumers and retailers. As a member of the organisation, we are bound by their code of practice and they can be contacted via:
Tel: 02031 3782 68ODR (online dispute resolution) Platform: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home.show&lng=EN